TCMH was the first Missouri hosptial, large or small, to ever receive FEMA grant funds to assist with construction of an on-campus tornado safe room. The Tornado Safe Room / Community Room was completed in early 2015. Funds are continuing to be raised for completion of the new surgery area.
The new surgery department will:
- Double the size of the department for two operating rooms and an outpatient surgery room
- Incorporate the latest technology for operating room efficiency
- Help recruit new physicians and ancillary staff and assist in retaining current physicians
- Advanced 24/7 access to general surgery care
- Provide 7 private pre- and post-surgery bays for patients and their family members
- Particularly important for infant/parent bonding following C-sections
- Have 6,091 square feet of climate-controlled space
- Is capable of sustaining 250 MPH winds for 2 hours
- Is able to provide shelter for 462 patients, staff members and community residents in severe weather
- Enhances capacity for triage in case of mass casualty
- Has a backup generator supplying power
- Has 4,000 square feet of climate-controlled space utilized as waiting space in non-threatening weather times
- Served 36,851 Patients
- Provided 40,685 TCMH Clinic, Hospice & Home Health Appointments
- Saw 12,233 ER Patients
- Made 3,853 Ambulance Calls Covering 221,869 Miles
- Performed 1,525 Surgical Procedures
A Vital Part of the Local Economy
- 424 Full-time & Part-time employees
- $15,975,636 Salaries & Benefits
- $14,995,396 Federal & State Funds from Medicare & Medicaid
- $6,013,269 in Uncompensated Care
- $1,677,383 Payables in Texas County
- 15 Physicians Employed by TCMH
- One primary care physician working in a rural area generates $1.2 million in annual revenue and creates 23 jobs.
- Current plans will increase the hospital’s size by 135%, creating more jobs and improving county infrastructure.
Do You Know?
- TCMH does not receive tax support
- Since 2004, TCMH has received $1.3 million in grant funding for equipment and training
- TCMH has also received $19 million in zero or low-interest loans for capital improvements and building projects
- TCMH has maximized loan opportunities for the institution
If you would like to be a part of this community effort, please contact the TCMH Healthcare Foundation.
Jay Gentry, Director
1333 S. Sam Houston Blvd.
Houston, MO 65483